Tuesday, July 27, 2021

July WIPocalypse

 It is time for the July posting of WIPocalypse.  With the good weather and restrictions lifted I had fewer stitching days in July.  I spent 3 days hiking with my sister in southern Indiana.  I took a project to work on at night and never touched it.  And we had a few late night outs so no stitching on those days.

Here is what I managed to work on in July:

Crane Paradise I just have one color to put in and page 2 will be finished.

Dandelion Fairy Kingdom I work on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.  I did miss a few of those days in July so I am not as far as I would like to be.  Stitching 3865 Winter White for a large Dandelion on this page.

Freedom.  More work on the last E.

Mingle Jingle I  worked on one last day 7/1/21 and made some more progress.  It is next up unless I decide on a new start.

Butterfly Fairy Night.  I spent this rotation working on the moon.  I continue to struggle stitching on evenweave.  Once I get off a thread it seems to throw everything off and I fudge it and continue until the next time I get off.

This is the owl I am working on to make into a hanging.  It will have my great nephew's name and birth date on it.  I want to make one for each of my great nephews and nieces (3 so far) and give them to my brother (he is the grandfather of all of them) to hang in his house so he can watch his flock grow.  My brother has 9 children and 5 of them are married now.  So I could be stitching alot of owls for a long time to come.

The question this month was have we ever been to a retreat and to tell about it.  I have not been to a retreat which I take to have an overnight component.  I have been to a one day stitching get together and enjoyed it.  It is very energizing to be with other stitchers and see their WIPs and show and tell.







No comments: