Sunday, March 10, 2013

 I know I am a day early for the TUSAL (totally useless stitch along) but I don't get on the computer much during the week.  And Yahoo put my pictures in the order it wanted.  Oh well here are my orts from the last new moon.  Lots from Little Fairies at Play and Amish Star.
 I also put together this jigsaw puzzle.  It took a while as it does not have the traditional square border. My daughter and son-in-law gave me this for Christmas.  I love all of the colors.  I also has alot of little details in it.
 Another view of my orts.  I will squish them down so I can put this months in.
And here is my progress on Amish Star.  3 stars done.  I am stitching it on 14ct black with 3 strands of floss.  I think I have enough fabric to make a total of 6 and then I will begin the assembly.

Last week was a busy week with something going on almost every night.  I did buy my first tv and my son-in-law hooked it up for me.  I was using a borrowed 19 inch tube tv.  I now have a HD 40 inch LED set.  Wow what a difference!  Friday night we went to my brother's house to celebrate all of the March birthdays.  My two kids, dad, two nieces and several others.  It was a fun time.  Then Saturday my sister and I cooked a birthday lunch for my dad.  Some of our favorite foods from childhood - tongue in bbq sauce, 3 bean salad, mashed potatoes and apple crisp with ice cream for desert.   Lunch out at the pizza place today as that is my son's pick for his birthday meal and then back to watching what I eat.

2 comments:

Rhona said...

Nice collection of orts. Love your jigsaw....wouldn't it be stunning done in cross stitch!

SueH said...

Oh, your Amish stars are beautiful Cathy. I’ve never stitched on Black but I bet it’s hard going on the eyes.
Love the look of that jigsaw too. I used to do them a lot a few years back but have done one in ages.
It’s pretty obvious from your stitching and the jigsaw that you love a challenge.
Happy Stitching!
Sue
x
2929 sioCnct