Friday, May 31, 2024

May WIPocalypse

 Question of the Month:  How do you personally distinguish between a Work in Progress (WIP) and an Unfinished Object (UFO)

If a project is not in my pile that I pick from to work on regularly and involves a feeling of dread, it is a UFO.  I have all WIPs at this time.  No UFO projects.

This month I worked on:

Autumn Sampler.  I worked on this one 3 times in May.


 

Crane Paradise.  Added 525 more stitches.  I did have to frog quite a bit in the white flower as I kept making counting mistakes.

Dandelion Fairy Kingdom.  I try and stitch on this one every afternoon. But I do find myself falling asleep while I am stitching it.  In between naps I did manage to finish page 22 and started page 23.

Funky Cats.  I worked on this for 2 days. Lots of black stitching.  I did go and buy more black floss as I didn't have any more in my stash.

Gnomes I put 2 days into this one.

Homestead Harvest.  Added 394 more stitches

Hedge Hog kit from Riolos.  Finished the first Hedge Hog and have started on the greenery.  using the acrylic threads in the kit which makes me nervous that I will run out.

I finished Moonlit Owl, a Mill Hill kit on 5/3/24.

Butterfly Fairy Night 241 stitches added. Slowly making progress.

Folk Reindeer added 156 stitches.  This will be my travel project in June.

QS Magic Island by HAED getting closer to a page one finish.

Jolly Snowman added 418 stitches

HC Anderson & Other Fairy Tales SAL by Cloudsfactory.  I finished the May installment which was the Three Little Pigs.  This one seems to take me all month to finish the monthly installment.

Unplug & Go Outside I got to add some different colors.

My husband and I like to go to Antique Malls and Thrift Stores.  I found a few stitchy items:

I found this kit.  The thread colors in the kit look much brighter than the picture

I got this small frog kit for 50 cents and a package of mill hill beads and some other beads.

June will be a busy month, 2 camping trips, and a hiking trip with my sister.  We slow down in July as my husband will have surgery and we will stay home while he recovers.

I had one day of no stitching in May
















3 comments:

cheryl said...

Wonderful progress! I have had Autumn sampler in my WIPs for so many years ... now I am inspired to pull it back out and put in some stitches. Happy stitching!

jocondine said...

What a wonderful show, I can see all your WIPs are close to you and never forgotten. Did you dream about stitching during your naps (I'm always asking myself why don't you dream about xstitch, fabric, painting instead of those silly things). xxx

Katie said...

Beautiful progress on everything. I will be at Stitch N Frame on the 8th if you don't have anything going on. In the morning before noon. A friend has a stitching day there.