Monday, February 1, 2021

January WIPocalypse


 It is the end of January already  and time for a stitching update.


This month's question is:

Tell us about a WIP on which you’ve really struggled to make progress. Explain its history. What appears to be the reason you’re struggling?

 Butterfly Fairy Night.  I struggle on this one as it is my only project on even weave and I got off in places and have to adjust certain areas.  I always dread working on it but once I get going I do make some progress.  I did stitch Butterfly Fairy Day (companion piece) also on even weave and finished it. I did work on Butterfly Fair Night this month and worked on the upper right corner. 


I also worked on Faces of Faery 90 and I am close to finishing page 5.

I worked on Freedom by Joan Elliott and finished the M.

There will be alot of back stitching on this one.  I work using a hoop so I usually leave the back stitching to last.

Bless our Harvest.  I finished all the cross stitching and I have started on the back stitching.  I did modify this design leaving out the words and some background stitching.  I will continue with the back stitching when I am working with nothing to do. (still working at home so I can do this)


And as always I continue to work on Dandelion Fairy Kingdom on the weekends.  I am using this project for 21,000 stitches in 2021 and stitching around Iceland both with Full Coverage Fanatics.  In January I completed 4,010 stitches and I am more than halfway done with page 6.  I will move the scroll rods before this weekend's stitching. I stitched alot of winter white for the dandelions so it is not showing up good. For some reason the top part of the dandelion stitched on previous pages looks thicker and whiter.  It is the same skein of floss. 

Keeping with my weekly rotation so this week I will work on Crane Paradise.





2 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely WIPs. I think that having one in a duo stitched is quite an incentive to stitch the other!