Tuesday, January 1, 2019

December WIPocalypse

This is the final post for 2018 WIPocalypse (I am late).  2018 was a good stitching year for me.  I stitched o all of my WIPs twice, I had one finish and 2 new starts.  December was the first time that I had stitched every day!

Here is what I stitched on in December:

 Little Fairies at Play I worked on it all month as I wanted to finish page 14 before the year ended.  I finished the page on 12/22/18.  That is 4 page finishes in 2018.  I had a goal of 1,200 stitches each month as part of the Full Coverage Stitch by the Numbers Challenge.  In January 2018 I was not sure I could make that many stitches a month.  But I set up my new rotation stitching on this project on the weekends and a different WIP during the week.  So I worked on one project for a Month before moving on to the next WIP.  I did make good progress on all of my projects this way.

 Since I finished my page on Little Fairies at Play with still days to go in December, I decided on a new start.  I had this one kitted up.  It is Bless Our Harvest from Cross Country Stitching October 2013.  I started it on 12/23/18.  Slow going on black.  I will be leaving off the words and maybe making a few other changes.  Here is what it looks like:

For 2019 I will once again be going for 1,200 stitches on Little Fairies at Play with every 3rd month working just on that project to finish the page.  So  in March if I finish off page 15 with days left I will work on the Owl project.

I have updated my 2018 Wipocalypse page with the progress pictures for all of my WIPs.

Here is a look at my Orts for 2018 and I have them in their ornament.  My jar is empty and ready of a new year of stitching.



3 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations on a successful year of stitching. I hope 2019 is just as successful for you and your needles. :)

Unknown said...

Happy new year, the owl chart is cute and wow fairys at play looks great. Hope you get lots of stitching time in 2019.

Katie said...

Congrats on a great stitching year. Beautiful progress. Love your new project. Good luck with your goals in 2019. I will enjoy cheering you along.