Monday, April 1, 2024

March WIPocalypse

 WIPocalypse  Question of the Month:  What colors – and brands – of floss do you love using? Do you have a particular color that you absolutely love?

I use DMC.  I love the bright colors - red, purples, greens, blues.

I stitched on the following projects for the Magazine Monthly Acrostic:

Crane Paradise I put in 766 stitches.  I would like to have this one finished by the end of the year.

Butterfly Fairy Night 369 stitches added

Autumn Sampler 438 stitches added

Funky Cats  still stitching the border 242 stitches

Give Thanks to God Sampler.  Magazine Monthly Challenge had a pop up challenge to put 5 hours or 500 stitches into a wip that was close to a finish.  I picked this one and put in 764 stitches to finish it.
Close up of the bottom

 Close up of the top part of the sampler.  The fabric is kind of an olive green color.  The colors pop and I love the bright colors.  That is what drew me to this project.

Unplug & Go Outside by Emma Congdon 240 stitches

Moonlit Owl 203 stitches

Gnomes I finished the backstitching and will start the next Gnome.

Here are the other projects that I worked on that were not part of the Magazine Monthly Acrostic:

Dandelion Fairy Kingdom.  I work on this one in the afternoons during the week.  I finished page 21 and got a good start on page 22.  5,714 total stitches in March

Homestead Harvest I worked on this one twice to finish the fall tree.  556 stitches

Hedge Hog kit by Riolos.  I worked on this one and the hedge hog now has a face.

Sari Doll 170 stitches added

QS Magic Island b HAED.  I have been stitching on this one on the weekends.  Still on page 1.  I have added 2,025 stitches this month.

HC Anderson Fairy Tale SAL by Cloudsfactory.  I finished the March installment.

I got a total of 13,148 stitches in March.  Not sure if I will get as much stitching done as the months get warmer.  We have one camping trip scheduled for April.  And I am walking nice days on my own and any kind of weather with my sister.  Usually Mondays we do at least 5 miles.  Tomorrow we head to Pokagon State Park.  It is supposed to be rainy and colder.  I have been getting my hiking gear together as we will do more than 5 miles. All of this is conditioning to get ready for a 20 mile timed hike the end of June.
















 

1 comment:

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. Have a wonderful week ahead.