Monday, January 3, 2022

WIPocalypse 2022

 This is the intro post for WIPocalypse 2022.  This is a group where you try to finish all of your WIPs before the end of the World.  I enjoy participating in this group because it is no pressure and a good way to track your progress for the year.  There is also a lot of eye candy looking at other participants projects.

My name is Cathy and I have been stitching since I was 8.  I started as a one at a time project stitcher.  But I would get bored before the project was done and went a long time with no stitching.  Then the internet came along and I was browsing and found other stitchers.  I then started a rotation with multiple projects.  I was good at keeping my WIPs to 4 or 5.  With retirement approaching, I have been kitting up  projects and starting more.  I now have 12 wips.

Besides participating in WIPocalypse, I participate in the facebook group Full Coverage Fanatics.  I am doing the 22,000 stitches in 2022.  I am using my Dandelion Fairy Kingdom project.  In 2021 I stitched 31,013 stitches on this progress.  4 and 1/2 pages.  My goal for 2022 is to do 35,000 stitches and finish 5 and 1/2 pages.


I am also participating in Magazine Monthly Cross Stitch facebook group.  For January I am doing the Brringo challenge.  Stitching for 25 days on whatever project is called.  I will have 3 more starts for this challenge.  All of my current wips are on my board so I will stitch on each one of them this month, some more than once.

I tend to work on large projects and two of my January starts are large and one is small.  Here are my planned 3 January starts:


Homestead Harvest by Linda Myers


Holiday Flamingo by Mill Hill.  This is a small one.


Princess & Dragon by Teresa Wentzler from a Cross Stitch Collection magazine.

I have my fabric prepped and all ready to go for both large projects  After starting these it may be a while before I start another project.

 I have a 2022 WIPocalypse page with all of my projects.

For 2022 I want to get a lot of progress on my projects, take some camping trips and enjoy time with my husband.





3 comments:

Renee said...

These are all great projects! I love Teresa Wentzler's dragons. And I cannot wait to see your progress on Dandelion Fairy. I adore Ching-Chou Kuik's artwork. Happy Stitching!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great introduction to the new year. It's always exciting to have new challenges!
I love Teresa's dragons too. I'm just upset she's been made to discontinue them. They are a work of art and a thing of beauty.

Katie said...

Love your new projects and your ideas for 2022. I will be here cheering you along. We could have a stitching weekend at my family campground in Wabash if you are ever interested.