Saturday, February 29, 2020

WIPocalypse February

This was another good stitching month for me.  Here is what I worked on:

 Dandelion Fairy Kingdom I did 2,112 stitches towards my 20,000 stitch challenge. 
 Little Fairies at Play I finished page 20 which was 2,926 stitches
 Orts for the month of February
I started a new project in January from the Home for the Holidays leaflet by Sue Hillis.  I have been working on it again this last week of February.  I might get it finished up tonight as there is not much left to stitch.

Question of the Month: In honor of “Leap Year,” tell the story of a time you had to make some sort of a “leap” in stitching – taking the chance on a new style of stitching, attending a meetup or class, etc. I was in my local EGA chapter and the group did a class piece that was a sampler with lots of different techniques.  I forged ahead with it and sent it off to the class teacher for evaluation.  I did ok but it was not my cup of tea.

I did get some stash this month from my local lns.

 A small Jim Shore kit- Frog Egg. 
 Another Sue Hillis pattern Hello Autumn
 An Owl ornament that I have had my eye on.
 Two pieces of fabric.  The one on the left I am going to use for Hello Autumn
And some floss for different projects.

March will be a challenge as I will be gone for a week visiting the in-laws.  I will not be taking my two big projects with me - Dandelion Fairy Kingdom or Little Fairies at Play.  So I will have to hustle to get my stitches in them.  I will pick one of my smaller projects to take with me.

4 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Great work for WIPocalypse, Cathy. I love Fairies at play - such pretty colours.

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

I love your work on the two fairy projects, the colors are so pretty and give me spring vibes =)

Katie said...

Great work on everything.

Amy Davidson said...

Great progress!!

I am working on Winter Snow Owl. The owl is finished and now I'm working on the snowflakes which is slow going. The over one stitching around the eyes gives the piece wonderful depth. I think I'm going to finish the ornament with the chenille or feathers - I can't quite decide.