Sunday, July 28, 2019

July WIPocalypse

Another month has sped by.  I continue following my rotation.  I did have one small finish early this month.  I finished the Bumble ornament.  I need to fully finish it so I can give it to my sister for Christmas.

I need to hunt down a nice backing fabric.  This motivated me to pull out some magazines and pick other ornaments to stitch up.  I have all the floss pulled and just need to get some fabric out of my stash.

 Faces of Faery 90 was my focus piece this month.  I finished off page 2 and made good progress on page 3 which is very small.  This one won't come up in my rotation again this year.
Little Fairies at Play was my weekend project.  I started page 17 and put in 2,221 stitches.

My birthday was the end of June and  I decided to spend my birthday money on some stash.  While looking thru my magazines for ornament patterns I picked out some I wanted to start. So I have been busy kitting up some new starts.  Here is some of the stash I bought:

 Fabrick for some new starts - a light grey on top, putty to the side and the bottom one is light pink.  The picture just is not showing the correct colors.
 I got some perforated plastic and paper for ornaments.  Some lovely purple krenik for one of my projects.
 I caved in and bought a project bag from Garon Bags.  I mostly keep my projects in zip lock bags.  I did buy a second project bag from an Etsy seller and forgot to take a picture of it.  I will post it next month.
Here is floss for some of the projects and fabric I bought just because I liked the colors - opalescent Mint Green and Opalescent white.

I think 2020 might be the year of new starts which will mean coming up with a new rotation plan to make progress on all of my wips.

Measi's question this month is how do I get myself out of a stitching slump.  I enjoy looking at other stitchers projects and eventually that gets me going again.

With that being said I am off to see what everyone has accomplished this month!


4 comments:

OhSewCrafty said...

Love Bumble! Little Fairies at play looks great, the frog is fantastic. Wonderful new stash, the project bag is very pretty.

Katie said...

Congrats on the finish. Glad you made beautiful progress on your other pieces too. Great new stash. Thanks for sharing. I will enjoy cheering you along with your new starts.

Rhona said...

Lovely new stash....and I love your new project bag.
Wonderful stitching.

Carey Devine said...

The Bumble is so awesome and now makes me want to stitch him. You made great progress on all your others too.. New stash is always fun and your new project bag is very cool. I am sure you will enjoy all your new starts in 2020. Its looking like a great new start year for me too :D