Monday, January 8, 2018

WIPocalypse Intro 2018

Hi I am Cathy from Ft Wayne IN.  I have been doing counted cross stitch since the late 1980's. I have been participating in WIPocalypse since 2012.  I am attracted to full coverage pieces.  I am not the fastest stitcher but do keep plugging.  I do like finishes so I try to keep some smaller pieces in my WIP pile.  I am currently not doing a rotation.

The projects I will be working on for 2018 are listed on the WIPocalypse 2018 tab. 

My goals for 2018 are to:

1) Finish Summer Sensation.  I am really close on this one.  A few more leaves to stitch and alot of back stitching and it will be done.  I do stitch on this one almost every night for at least an hour.

2) I have joined the Full Coverage Facebook group and their challenge of doing 1200 stitches a month.  I am doing this on Little Fairies at Play.  I have never counted my daily stitches before.  Progress always looks slim.  I figured I needed 40 stitches a day which didn't seem bad as long as I stitch on this one every day.  Well life happens and I do not get to it every day.  But I have had some long stitching sessions on it this year and I am halfway to 1200 stitches for the month of January.  I hope to keep this up all year so I can see some real progress on this one.

3)While digging thru my stash I found some cute small owls to stitch.  I am going to try stitching one for each family group and make them into ornaments for Christmas 2018.

4) Once Summer Sensation is done I will focus on Faces of Faery 90 and hope to get that one completed or close to done by the end of the year.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Good luck for your goals. They all sound achievable so let's hope you can tick them all off by the end of the year! :)

Stitching Noni said...

Good luck with your goals :)

OhSewCrafty said...

Good luck with your goals. I like your idea of mixing in the owl ornies with the bigger projects.

Katie said...

Good luck with your goals. At least with this weather you should be able to stay in a lot more. No yardwork haha.

Suz said...

Good luck with your goals!