Sunday, July 3, 2011

 I love to read.  We have the most wonderful library in downtown Ft Wayne.  It is huge and I could and do spend hours in there. There is also a good branch library close to my house that I pass daily.  I don't have as much time to read as I would like.  There are so many other things I must do.  I always have a book with me in case I find extra time to read.  Like waiting at the drug store etc.  I don't mean to check out so many books at a time but they just leap into my hands.  Some are by favorite authors, some just looked interesting.  Luckily my library lets you have them for 3 weeks.  Then you can renew them for another 3 weeks.  And I can renew on line which is even better.  If I ever have to be snowed in somewhere,  I hope it is the library.  I have no intention of buying an E-Reader.  Browsing at the library is half of the fun.  I enjoy holding a book in my hand to read. Growing up during the summer I would read 5-10 books a week.  I was lucky that we had the library truck come into our neighborhood every Wednesday morning at 10:30.  When it was summertime the library truck man would make sure to stock more kids/young adult books since we were out of school.  You can see what I have read so far this year on my books read page.  I hope to read 100 a year but so far I am off the pace.
This week I worked on Garden Seed Packets.  I am down to the last one.  Should get this finished next time it is up in my rotation.  I am kitting up a new one to replace this one.  It is a HAED.  It will take me years to finish so I need to get started.  I will have to make a trip to my LNS to get a piece of material big enough.  Who knows what else will leap into my hands there.  I must have friendly hands as so many things like to leap into them.

Next weekend we travel to Cedar Point to visit my daughter.  I don't like to ride roller coasters so I usually avoid amusement parks.  But my daughter gets free tickets so at least I do not have to pay to stand there and watch everyone else ride.

2 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

Oooooh, Cedar Point sounds wonderful. I've never been there, but always wanted to go!! Good progress on Garden Seeds. I'm guessing it's a carrot? My mom is growing carrots this year. And what HAED are you replacing it with?

Nancy M said...

One square left!!! You will whip this one out and then replace with a BAP!!! I love Cedar Point, but haven't been in years. I love the roller coasters!