Sunday, January 24, 2010

I spent 5 days this past week in Hershey Pa. I was attending a trade show. For two days I stood from 10:30 am - 4pm in my booth smiling at everyone and handing out information. The most exciting part of the day was watching the Monkey Man across the way. His monkey was very well behaved. Each day he would have to go and change the Monkey's diaper. I got to tell everyone he would be back as soon as he was done freshening up his monkey.

I have often wished to have the time to do whatever I wanted to do. And this week I got my wish. After 4pm each day I was on my own. I ate supper and was back in my room by 5:30 every night. I had total control of the tv remote. I did take my stitching with me and got in 6 - 7 hrs a day of stitching. After 2 days of this I dreaded going back to my room. Can you believe I didn't want any more stitching time? Saturday the trade show ended at noon. I had even more time on my hands. I found different places to sit around the hotel and read my book until supper time. Then again after supper I went back to my room and stitched. You would think that I would have made more progress with all of the un-interrupted stitching time.

I have often wished that I would not have my DH bugging me when I was trying to stitch or read. It was very lonely eating alone every day. As much as he does bug me, I guess I will keep him around and every once in a while try to be by myself so I can appreciate being with my DH again.

I am back home now and have my stitching chair back. I hope to get back to my rotation. I took Monday off so I could do all of the laundry.


Nancy M said...

But did you buy any Chocolate???????

Karen said...

Sounds like heaven to me - between DH, animals, kids - I could definitely use some Uninterruption! Great progress!

Laural said...

You made great progress! I seem to stitch slower when I'm by myself for some reason.

Debra said...

Nice progress picture. Sounds like it was nice at first. Hope you had fun.