Sunday, January 1, 2023

December WIPocalypse

 We are at the end of 2022 already.  This post is to recap my stitching year.  First I will start with the projects I worked on this month:

Give Thanks to God Sampler.  Worked some more on adding leaves to the tree.

Dandelion Fairy Kingdom.  I finished page 15 and started on page 16.

Freedom.  I continue with the back stitching.  I have completed F, R, E E and I am working on D.

Jolly Snowman by Joan Elliott.  Work a little on filling in the background and I have started on the Snoman's hat.

Butterfly Fair Night.  I continue to struggle on with this one.  I have decided to push to finish it in 2023.

Gnomes.  Moving up to the face on the first gnome.

Possum Song.  Finished the head and added a hat.

Princess & the Dragon by Teresa Wentzler.  Worked more on the border.

To Everything There is a Season Sampler.  Started on the Peacock.

Hello Autumn.  I love how the colors look on my fabric.  But I am not happy with the placement on the fabric.  I am going to frog it all out and start fresh on this fabric but in a better spot.  

 


Here is my recap of 2022.

I started the year with 12 WIPs.  I had 11 new starts and 6 finishes leaving me with 17 WIPs going into 2023.  Here are my finishes:

Cat's Paw from Treasures in Needlework Premier Issue.  I changed the Cat colors to look like our cat Callie.

Reindeer Ornament from Cross Stitch & Needlework January 2009.  I have also completed the Santa ornament from this issue.

Hodge Podge Soup from Cross Country Stitching October 2013.  I loved the colors in this one.  This issue of the magazine has quite a few projects that I have or am stitching on.

Flamingo by Mill Hill.  This was a start and a finish in 2022.

Owl #4 from Cross Stitch & Needlework Sept 2014

Owl #5.  Both Owl's were started and finished in 2022.  They have been fully finished and given to my sister-in-law.  So far no new baby announcements so I might have no Owl stitching in 2023.

Here is my 2022 Ort Jar.  It is ready to be emptied into an ornament so that I can start off 2023.
 

In 2022 I stitched 345 days out of 365.  I completed the Full Coverage Fanatics group challenge of stitching 22,000 stitches in 2022 and I finished the Stitch Around Germany Challenge.  In 2022 I completed 79,413 stitches across all of my projects.

I have updated my 2022 WIPocalypse page with ending pictures for all of my WIPs.

2022 was a good stitching year for me and I look forward to 2023.

















2 comments:

Sandy said...

congratulations on a great year!! Can't wait to see what you accomplish in 2023.

Katie said...

So many beautiful pieces. Great work on everything. Have a wonderful 2023!