Sunday, January 8, 2023

WIPocalypse Introduction

 I am Cathy and have been participating in WIPocalypse since 2012.  I am married with 2 grown children and 2 cats.  I am getting ready to retire in June of 2023 and begin a new chapter.

I started out as a one at a time stitcher until I found the internet and my list of wips has grown.  I am starting off 2023 with 17 WIPs.  All of my WIPs are listed and have pictures on my 2023 WIPocalypse tab.  

Plans for 2023.  My oldest Wip is from 2001 -Gathering Pinecones by Hillside Samplers. It has not been an active WIP since 2001.  While digging in my craft room I found it and have decided to try working on it again.  It is on R&R Linen and full of specialty stitches.  I am an Aida stitcher and don't know what I was thinking when I bought the called for linen.  Also the specialty stitches have not been easy or fun.  It will get worked on once in January and then I will decide whether to keep stitching on it or dump it.


 

In January I am participating in Brringo with the Magazine Monthly Challenge Group. Each day a new number is called and I will work on the project for that day.  Most of my WIPs are that board along with 3 new starts.

Also with the Magazine Monthly Challenge Group I will do the monthly Acrostics.

With my 3 planned new starts in January I will have 20 active WIPs.  I would like to finish in 2023:

Freedom by Joan Elliott.  I am just doing the backstitching so this one should be finished in January or February.


 

Butterfly Fairy Night started in 2014 This one is being stitched on an even weave.  I got off on the count somewhere and I keep having to make adjustments.  I do not enjoy stitching on this project as I have to go slow and concentrate to stay on track.  I would like to get this one done in 2023.  I have already stitched Butterfly Fairy Day on evenweave and did not have all of the struggles that I do with this one.


 

I have a few small WIPs that I would like to finish in 2023.  I am learning to mix small projects in with my bigger projects so I can have a few finishes.

Bee Gnome by Mill Hill.  I should be able to finish this one in 2023


 

I would like to finish 5 more pages on Dandelion Fairy Kingdom.  This is my largest WIP and still has a few more years before it will get finished

 


And here is my empty Ort Jar along with the filled Ornament with orts from 2022.




At our next posting I will show all of my January stitching progress and new starts.


2 comments:

Katie said...

Glad you are joining in again. Look forward to cheering you on.

Bonnie said...

Awww I’m loving the ort jar idea.