Sunday, January 26, 2020

January WIPocalypse

 I did manage to find a plastic ornament to put my 2019 orts into.  I ended up buying 2 in case I couldn't find one next year.  And lets hope I remember where I put the second one if needed.

January was a good stitching month for me.  When it is cold out I don't need any excuse to spend time stitching.  As the weather gets nicer, I will struggle to make time to stitch.
 Dandelion Fairy Kingdom I started on page 2.  I am using this piece for the 20,000 stitches in 2020 at Full Coverage Fanatics.  I put in 2,102 stitches in January.  On target to reach 20,000 by the end of the year.
 Faces of Faery 90.  I finished up page 3 and started on page 4.  Two full pages and one partial page and this one will be done.  I had hoped to finish it in 2020 as a bonus finish.  But I got off count on page 4 and I need to rip out that large blob of black under the orange.  I had stitched 966 stitches in January and need to rip out about 500.  I am disgusted with my self and will put this one in time out until I am ready to rip out the stitches and move on.  I have plenty of other projects to work on.
 Little Fairies at Play.  It was my personal goal to finish this one in 2020.  I had 6 partial pages to stitch to finish it.  I thought they would be much smaller pages.  I did finish page 19 in January for a total of 3,040 stitches.  I will really have to push to get a page finish each month on this one.  Page 19 had alot of large blocks of color so it went pretty fast.
 I worked on Jingle Bell Pals for 2 hrs during a class I took (helps me to stay awake during the lecture).  223 stitches.  I am going to try and track my stitches for each project I work on in 2020 along with my hours. 

For January I have a total of 6,331 stitches completed with 6 more days to go.  I am not sure what project I will work on for the next 6 days.
And here are my orts so far for January.

As part of WIPOCALYPSE Measi also asks us a monthly question.  This month we are to share what SAL's we are participating in for 2020.

Besides WIPOCALYPSE I am participating in 20,000 stitches in 2020 as part of the Full Coverage Fanatics facebook group.  I am also participating in their National Park challenge where you need to complete 4,000 stitches on your chosen project to move onto the next National Park.  I am using Dandlelion Fairy Kingdom for this challenge also and hope to complete my first park by the end of February.

That was my month.  I feel like I accomplished alot.  Only one missed day of stitching so far.

I have been watching Tranquil Stitches pick from her stash for her Maynia starts.  I now have the urge to rummage thru my charts and get some kitted up.

4 comments:

Kaisievic said...

That is one very cute Santa! Good luck with all the confetti on your big designs.

Katie said...

Great work on everything. I love this time of year too. Lots and lots of stitching time.

Sara said...

Nice work Cathy! I tend to choose larger projects too and with 3 little boys who all have opinions on what I should be working on I don’t get many finishes either. Happy Stitching to you in 2020!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful work but how frustrating to have to remove all that black!
Have you tried the new Pattern Keeper app everyone is talking about? It tracks your stitch count too,