Sunday, August 18, 2013

 I finally finished my In the Garden.  Started 3/17/12 and finished 8/17/13.  There was alot of backstitching in this one.  This will probably be my only finish for 2013 as my other projects are rather larger.  I do have one all kitted up that I will start when I get back to this rotation slot.

 Last Sunday afternoon I went walking in the West Central Neighborhood.  It is full of old houses some of which are on the historic register.  Some have been restored and some are in the process still.  Alot of these homes have been made into multi-family homes.  This one was for sale.  4 bedrooms, 2 baths, hardwood floors, new appliances, a carriage house with 2 apartments in it that were already rented out.  I have always wanted to live in a house with a porch and round turret room.  Only $200,000.  My son pointed out that it would be silly to move into a bigger house when there is just me.  He is right.  But I can dream.
This is another home I saw.  All different styles of homes are in this area.  Some had stain glass windows, gingerbread molding.  It is a beautiful neighborhood that most people who live here never go to.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish!