Tuesday, September 1, 2026

August WIPocalypse

 Question of the Month:  Do you prefer to stitch on a rotation or one project at a time?

 

I started out as a one project at a time stitcher.  But my projects were always large and took forever and I got bored.  Then I found the blogging community and rotations.  I started out with a weekly rotation switching projects every Sunday.  I only had 4 wips so that worked.  Then my wip count went up with the discovery of Floss Tube.  Now I don't really have a strict rotation.  I stitch on my large full coverage piece during the afternoons Monday - Friday.  Different projects at night and I pick them using the Magazine Monthly Acrostic or monthly bingo game.  On the weekends I stitch on another focus piece in the afternoons and a different focus piece at night on the weekends.

Here is what I stitched on this month:

Autumn Sampler worked on twice.  It is also on my ABCingo board several times for September


 

Funky Cats was worked on for the Acrostic and I took it camping with us.


 Owl Faces came out twice this month.  Almost finished with face #5.


 Worked on Southern Magnolias for the Acrostic


Queen of the Sea worked on once for the Acrostic.  This one is also on my ABCingo board several times.


Suncatchers was worked on for the Acrostic


Jolly Snowman started working on the base.  Still hoping to finish this one by year end.


 Moonlight Laguna Mermaid I had to dog sit for 2 days and nights at my daughter's house.  Took this one to work on while I binged watched Ride & Drive and Bridgerton

Homestead Harvest.  I had a big mistake in the white house.  I thought I could fudge it but it got worse.  So I had put this one aside.  I finally brought it out and did a massive unstitching.  Back on track now and did a little on the porch roof.  Hope to continue working on this one now that it is fixed.


 

Harvest Corn.  I also took this one camping.  Still working on the cross stitching.


Princess & the Dragon I work on this one on the weekends.  It is moving along towards a finish


QS Porthole of Fantasy almost finished page 5.  75% complete. 

QS Magic Island working on page 12 58% complete
 

 

 

In September I will be participating in ABCingo with the Magazine Monthly Cross Stitch group.  Hoping to make progress on my different projects.  We do have 2 camping trips planned in September.

 

No comments: