Saturday, August 31, 2024

August WIPocalypse

 Question of the Month:  Do you belong to any stitching groups or guilds (either in person or virtual)? If so, tell us about them.

I belong to Hoosier Stitchers on line and they have monthly meet ups but they are too far from my home to attend.  I also belong to Facebook groups - Full Coverage Fanatics and Magazine Monthly Challenge.  I participate in different stitching challenges in both groups.  Of course I also participate in WIPocalypse.  I have been participating since 2012.

Here is what I worked on this month:

Crane Paradise.  I added 590 more stitches.  I have now taken it off the scroll rods so I can stitch on the bottom.  I will go back to using my hoop.  I want to really work on this one alot in the remaining months of 2024 to hopefully get it finished.

HC Anderson Fairy Tale SAL.  I finished the August installment - the Emperors New Clothes.

Hedge Hog Kit.  Working on the greenery.  I enjoy working on this one.  I just worry I will run out of the acrylic threads.

Joy Seasonal  Heart.  I left off the word border and finished this one on 8/9/24

Folk Reindeer.  I think I have all of the reindeer stitched.  I just need to do the border and backstitching.

Butterfly Fairy Night.  More stitches added.  I will have to fudge the arm as I got off on the lower butterfly wing.  Now I am on track and doing ok stitching on the evenweave I just have to make alot of adjustments to make up for prior stitching issues.

Spent some time on Autumn Sampler.

Bright Owl Quintet.  This is Owl #7.  I started it on 8/13/24.  I stitch one of these every time a new great niece or nephew is added to the family.  I attended my first gender reveal party this month and I will have a new great nephew in December.  I also found out that another great niece or nephew is due in April of 2025.  So once I finish this one I will start on the next one.

Unplug and Go Outside.  I am almost done with page one.

Gnomes.  I worked on this one 3 times this month.

Jolly Snowman by Joan Elliott.  Added 203 stitches

Funky Cats.  Lots of block stitching in this one.  321 stitches added.

Homestead Harvest.  I worked on this one for 2 days.  I am thinking about just doing the farmhouse panel and leaving off the bottom quilts etc.  I was drawn to this one because the farmhouse reminds me of my grandparents farmhouse.

QS Magic Island I am working on page 2.  I hope to put this one on the scroll rods in 2025 once I finish Dandelion Fairy Kingdom.

Dandelion Fairy Kingdom  I made good progress on page 24 my last full page.  I work on this one almost every day during the day.  My other projects I stitch on at night in bed while watching tv.

August was a hot month with no camping.  So I did spend alot of time stitching and made good progres on my projects.

September I will be participating on ABCingo with the Magazine Monthly Challenge group.  I have twelve different projects on my  board.  We are also back to camping this month as my husband has recovered from surgery. We have 2 camping trips planned.
















1 comment:

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. Sure glad you told me about the Magazine Monthly group. I enjoy my time there. I'm enjoying the ABCingo.