Sunday, January 7, 2024

WIPocalypse January Intro

 I have been participating in WIPocalypse since 2012.  I am married, retired and have 2 cats.  I am starting 2024 with 14 WIPs.  Pictures on my WIPocalypse 2024 page.  Here are my goals/plans for 2024:

I would like to finish the following projects:

What a Hoot Owl Teapot. This one is close to a finish.


 

Sari Doll - another small project that should be finished in 2024

Gathering Pine Cones - this one has been hanging around since 2001.  It is on R&R Linen and has lots of specialty stitches.  I have decided not to do the remaining specialty stitches.  I will use the specialty stitches that I can do or just do regular cross stitch.

Butterfly Fairy Night.  This one is on evenweave and I was struggling to stitch on it.  I made alot of errors in the beginning and I am now trying to get it to all line up.  I am not struggling to stitch on the evenweave now just trying to make it all work.  Time to get this one done and off my list as it has been a WIP since 2014.

Dandelion Fairy Kingdom by HAED.  I try to work on this one daily.  I need to finish up page 19.  Then I will have 4 full pages and 6 partial pages left.  If I can stay on track this one should be done in 2025.

I am participating in BRRINGO with the Magazine Monthly Challenge Facebook Group.  As part of the prompts I will be starting 6 new projects in January.  This will bring my total WIPs to 20.

Then after I had all my new starts for January/2024 planned I joined 2024 Fairy Tales SAL by Cloudsfactory.  This one will also be started in January.  I had a gift card that had to be used up by the end of 2023 so this was my purchase. This will bring my total WIPs to 21.

I am on a stash diet.  I will not be buying any new patterns (except for the 2024 Fairy Tales SAL).  I have 3 large tubs of patterns/magazines and I will be stitching from them.  I will just buy fabric and floss.  Of course I might have to cheat on my diet if a pattern really calls to me.









2 comments:

Katie said...

I joined that group because of you. Sure looks fun. Thanks for posting about it. Good luck with your January Brringo. Fun but I was late to the party. The acrostic is a blast though. I love those type of challenges. I will be here cheering you along.

Renee said...

These are all lovely! Dandelion Fairy Kingdom is one of my favorites - I love Ching-Chou Kuik's artwork. I look forward to watching your progress!