Thursday, September 29, 2022

September WIPocalypse

 This month I  participated in the Magazine Monthly Challenge Group ABCINGO. So I touched alot of different projects.


New start was Abominable Bundle by Plum Street.  Stitching this on 14ct lavender aida.  The color is not showing up in this picture.  203 stitches

Bee Gnome by Mill Hill was another new start.  201 stitches


Bigfoot Bunch by  Street.  Another new start 160 stitches.  Again on 14ct lavender aida.

Hello Autumn by Sue Hillis.  Another new start 159 stitches 18ct Vintage Country Mocha aida


Crane Paradise by Pinn 180 stitches

Dandelion Fairy Kingdom.  Finished page 13.  1,308 stitches.  Only a page and a half to go to finish this row before the end of the year.

Freedom by Joan Elliott 237 stitches

Gnomes by Gloria and Pat.  Stitched on 14ct aida that I coffee/tea dyed.  130 stitches


Hedge Hog Kit.  Stitched on the kit provided 14ct white aida 241 stitches.  The threads provided are more yarn like than DMC.  I am hoping there is enough in the kit to finish.

Homestead Harvest by Linda Myers 192 stitches  The tip top of the house is starting to appear.

Butterfly Fairy Night - on 28ct even weave stitched over 2.  Some are 2 threads and some are one thread over 2.  I continue to struggle on with this one 106 stitches

Owl #5 for great niece #5.  109 stitches

Possum Song 332 stitches

Princess & the Dragon by Teresa Wentzler 334 stitches.  I really enjoy stitching on this one.

To Every There is a Season.  299 stitches

Jolly Snowman by Joan Elliott 302 stitches

Hodge Podge Soup 128 stitches

Give Thanks to God Sampler 253 stitches

And this month's question is:

Question of the Month: Are you a seasonal stitcher? If so, which seasons do you find yourself more productive or less productive?

I am not a seasonal stitcher.  I just plug away on my projects.  I do winter projects and fall projects all year long.  Whenever they pop up.  I am more productive in the Winter - January is my best stitching month.  Too cold to go out no yard work just sit and stitch.

While I was digging in my craft room I found my oldest WIP that has been on my list since 2001.  Gathering Pinecones by Hillside Samplings.  I was at a stitchy friend's house and she had this one framed on her wall.  I fell in love with it and went to my LNS and bought the pattern, called for fabric - R&R Linen and the needed specialty thread along with the DMC.  I had never stitched on linen before.  And there are alot of specialty stitches.  I practiced my stitched on a doodle cloth but they still did not come out right.  So it got put away.  I am not sure when I last stiched on it but I am moving it to my active WIP pile.



And here is where it is at.  All of the pine cones in the border should look the same.  Not mine.  I will give it a try again and see how I do.  There are a few more pinecones on the branch and then an alphabet.

I have a new rotation to try in October.  Hoping for lots of progress.


2 comments:

Katie said...

All sorts of beautiful pieces. Great work!

ME said...

Leave your pine cones the way you stitched them. Pine cones in nature do not look the same! That's your excuse so stick to it.