Monday, December 28, 2020

December WIPocalypse

As part of the WIPocalypse group it is time for another monthly update.  Here is this month's prompt:

 

Question of the Month: Recap your accomplishments for the year! (Your finishes, your final before/after photos, etc).

 

2020 was a good stitching year.  Working from home gave me more time to stitch because of no commute and getting my housework done during breaks in my work.  I had 5 finishes this year:

 

 

From the Home for the Holidays leaflet by Sue Hillis I stitched this.


Toadally Romantic stitched on a pink fabric that is not showing up good.  I really enjoyed this one.
A Christmas Ornament Jingle Bell Santa from a magazine
My big finish my first finished HAED Little Fairies at Play framed and hanging in my bedroom.
And my last finish for the year Cowslip finished on 12/22/20.

This month I also stitched on:



Butterfly Fairy Night.  I made a small amount of progress this year.  It is my only project on evenweave and in spots my stitches are out of alignment which means adjusting the new stitches I put in.
Harvest Blessing.   I have made alot of progress on this one.  I did get off count in the beginning.  But when I got new glasses late last year I now have no problem seeing to stitch this one.  Again I have to make adjustments for being off in the beginning.
Freedom by Joan Elliott.  I finished the O and made good progress on the M this year.

Faces of Faery 90 another HAED.  This became my weekend project once I had made my goal on Dandelion Fairy Kingdom.  Page 5 is half done and then only a partial page 6.


I had a new start on 12/23/20.  I started Mingle & Jingle by Ursula Michael on 18ct Opalescent.  Here is what it will look like when done:


I also fully finished an ornament I stitched last year - Bumble.  My finishing skills need worked on.


Here are my other WIPs that were worked on during the year:

Crane Paradise finished one page and working on the second page

Dandelion Fairy Kingdom. I stitched pages 2-4 and page 5 which was a partial page.  Top row finished.  I used this piece for the 20,000 in 2020 challenge in Full Coverage Fanatics.

I did get some stash this month also:

A piece of 16 count fabric.  It is a pretty light green.

And from Stash Unloading this magazine.  There a few projects in here for my future plans

I have enjoyed participating in WIPocalypse this year.  I enjoy seeing everyone's progress.  I will be participating in 2021 and will share my plans in that first post.






 



2 comments:

Sandy said...

You've made great progress. When I first started to work from home I was making a lot of progress, but hubby has a hard time realizing a wife working from home is not the same as a stay at home wife :(

Can't wait to see what you accomplish next year, I love you HAED!! I am always amazed at people who do those, I know I don't have the will power to stay that focused the long. But they are wonderful just the same.

Katie said...

Great work on everything!!! Congrats on the finishes. Can't wait to see your 2021 plans.