Sunday, April 20, 2014

 I worked again on Little Fairies at Play and was doing about 300 stitches a day.  Then I went away Thursday and Friday with my sister and now I have lost my stitching mojo.  So close to a page finish.  But I think I am ready to move on to a new project.
 Last week in the comments someone wanted to see how my scroll rods were stored inside the garment bag.  I have different types of scroll rods.  Some like this one have the wing nuts to adjust the tension.  When I have more than one project on scroll rods stored in here I make sure the projects are face to face with the wing nuts touching the garment bag.
 I bought the longest garment bag they had as these scroll rods are 38 inches.  I am going to make another pair that will be about 45 inches and hope they will fit in here too.  HAEDS are large and I am a slow stitcher so I need someway to store them long term while I am working on them.
 Here are some shots of Turkey Run State Park where I went with my sister on Thursday and Friday.  Even though I have been there a million times I still end up taking alot of pictures.  Gotta love digital cameras.  We hiked 14 miles - all of the trails in one day. We saw alot of spring flowers.  Usually we are there in the fall for the fall colors.  So this was a different view of the park.
So the next day we headed to Raccoon Lake State Rec Area and hiked 6 more miles there.  We had never been there before.  Their trails were not well marked so at times we went by where it looked like we should be walking according to the map.  

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Thanks for sharing how you hang your scroll rods in the garment bag. I couldn't quite make out how you are attaching them to a hanger. Are you using a string tied to the wing nuts?